Wednesday 13 January 2016

Lisbon Online Interview


Hey guys! Here's your second interview for today. I do have another one to go up but I'm going to leave that till tomorrow. So sorry you have to wait! Anyways, on with this interview: 

How did you guys meet one another? 

We all met in school, me and Gaz have known each other since we were 3. We all became mates in middle school before joining forces at the end of sixth form. 

How was the band name created? 

It means life is good, Life IS BON, which was the name of our first EP. It pretty much sums up our sound as well - we like to think it all ties together nicely.

How would you describe the music your band creates? 

It's energetic and catchy and uplifting and dancey all at the same time. I think it reflects the enthusiasm we feel when we write and play our music, which is a good thing, I hope.

What are some of the themes and messages that come across in your songs? 

There's a huge variation of themes within our music. There's songs about love, songs about heartbreak - there's Game Of Thrones and insecurity, and then there's a song using only ocean metaphors for romance. I think at the end of it all our music is about overcoming problems and having fun when doing so - apart from Khaleesi, that one's a little out there.

What are your plans for 2016? 

We're kicking it off with a 22 date headline tour which will take us to the end of Feb. We'll be releasing singles throughout the year, hoping to jump on a few support tours either side of a vibrant festival season. 

Where can people find you on social media? 

Our Facebook is www.facebook.com/lisbonmusic.
You can find us everywhere else @wearelisbon.

Finally, if there was only one album you could listen to for the rest of your life which one would you choose and why? 

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago. It's one of those albums you can always come back to if you're ever feeling particularly down, or if you're feeling on top of the world. It's one of the first albums I really got into when I first started to love music, and I played it on repeat when I began writing my own music.


Thank you to Matthew and the band for the online interview. If any other bands are interested in being featured on this blog with an online interview please email me at rachelcolley@msn.com and I'll send you the questions. Thanks to the band again. 

Hope you enjoyed this blog post, 
Rachel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment