Friday 22 January 2016

Sexy Pretty Things Online Interview


Hey everyone! I know it's been a bit quite on this front but I have been busy on other things. Don't worry though; I haven't forgotten this blog. To show that I haven't I got to interview the boys of Sexy Pretty Things. Here what they had to say about the formation of the band, their plans for the next year and what would be their favourite album: 

How did you guys meet one another? 

I wish I could say that we all met at a crazy party, or a strip club; but the truth is that we all met studying music at uni.

How was the band name created? 

I thought that much was obvious?! We just looked at ourselves.

How would you describe the music your band creates? 

Our music holds close resemblance to the current American Indie Rock scene, taking inspiration from bands such as The Front Bottoms, Modern Baseball, Fidlar etc...
We like to think of it as melodic punk. We're all about live performance.

What are some of the themes and messages that come across in your songs? 

It's hard to say really as each song leeches inspiration from wherever my mind is at the time. They can be about people I know and memories I don't want to forget, or they can be about lust and drugs; but it's mostly just me ranting about stuff with the occasional self-pitying lyric.

What are your plans for 2016? 

We are releasing our first EP 'Moose Knuckle' digitally on February 1st. Physical copies will be available at all our upcoming shows and will soon be made available for local and international shipping too.
We're still in the midst of filming a music video for each track of the EP.

EP aside, we're going to focus on songwriting, gigging (with Holland and Sweden being on the radar), and recording a few more songs before the summer.

Where can people find you on social media? 

We're on most of the usual places.

If you're on Twitter or Instagram, find us @officialSPT

For Facebook fanatics we're at www.facebook.com/officialspt 

All our music videos, diaries and shows are available at www.sexyprettythings.com


Finally, if there was only one album you could listen to for the rest of your life which one would you choose and why? 

Jack: I would have to go with When Your Heart Stops Beating by +44. It blends subtle electronic elements into rock music whilst maintaining a raw edge. The hooks are disgustingly catchy, and the lyrics manage to be poetic without sounding cheesy. They still entice me after all these years.

Carl (lead guitar): I'm going to have to say Grace around the world, a live album by Jeff Buckley or Too by Fidlar. Jeff Buckley has always spoken to me with the pure amount of emotion that he expressed with his voice but Fidlar's Too because of the caliber of the songs and pure energy they portray. It's a hard question but Buckley man, it's got to be. 

Jacob (bass): Probably 'ill manors' by plan b, because the album has really strong lyrics and tells a good story.

Phil (drums): Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 is one of my favourite albums ever. The whole album just has the right blend of everything from rock to funk to just standard pop.. I don't know thats a tough one. Either that or Battle of Los Angeles by Rage Against The Machine, because it was my favourite album when i made the decision to study music.

Two very different albums i know.


Thanks to the boys of Sexy Pretty Things for answering the questions. If any other bands are interested in being featured on this blog please email me at rachelcolley@msn.com and I will send you the questions. 

Hope you enjoyed this blog post, 
Rachel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment